The Greek Islands
In Filakopi was found the oldest Neolithic habitation.
In 4 th century BC Aphrodite of Milos was chiselled, which is one
of most known statues kept in France in Louvros museum. In 1835 Cretans
escaped from Crete and settled in Milos and founded Adamadas the
main port of the island.
- The castle in Plaka which was built in 13th century.
- The popular arts museum.
- The Ancient city of Filakopithe buildings
found are between 2300-1100BC.
- La cathédrale de l'île - Korfiatissa.
- The church of
Agia Triada .
- The cave of Papafrangas .
- The villages of Klima and Polonia.
- The Catacombes is the only monument
of its kind
How to arrive
- By Boat from Piraeus duration 7 hrs.
- By Hydrofoil from
Piraeus duration 4 hrs.
- By air departing Athens duration 45 minutes.