The Greek Islands
According to mythology Naxos was the island of Dionissos
and Ariadni who helped Thisseas to kill Minotaurus. In the Byzantine
period the continual attacks of pirates forced the inhabitants to
settle in the inner island.
- The village of Naxos .
- The entrance to Apollo's temple.
- The archaeological museum containing
prehistoric findings from the period of Copper.
- The Byzantine church
of St. Nicholas built in the 10th Century A.C.
- The villages on the
mountains Damarionas, Filoti, Apirathos, Koronos and Komiaki.
beaches: Agios Prokopios, Agios Georgios, Kastraki, Aliko and Pirgaki.
How to arrive
- By Boat from Piraeus duration 7 hrs.
- By Hydrofoil from
Rafina duration 4 hrs.
- By hydrofoil from Piraeus duration 5 hrs.
- By Air from Athens duration