The Greek Islands
One of the smallest inhabited islands of the Aegean, Patmos ,
is incredibly beautiful. It is the island where Saint John
the Theologian , while exiled there, had a vision and in
1995 the 1900 years - since the writing of his Apocalypse (Revelation)
- were commemorated. The rich history, the Byzantine tradition of
many centuries, the natural environment, the traditional architecture
of the settlements, the excellent microclimate, the hospitable disposal
of the residents, are certain some of the reasons that travellers
prefer Patmos .
- The cave of Apocalypses is here St. John wrote
the Apocalypses while in exhale.
- The monastery of Agios Ioannis
- Pitied school founded in 1713 by Makarios Kalogeras
as an ecclesiastic school until today.
- The monastery of Zoodochos
Pighis and Evagelismos.
- Swimming beaches: Agrio Livadi, Psili
Ammos, Grikos, Diakofti.
How to arrive
- By Boat from Piraeus duration 10 hrs.