The Greek Islands
The island is in the crossroads between East and West. Is the largest
island in the Dodecanese . The island's capital is located in the
northern tip. The Medieval town is the result of the different nationalities
that were ruling the island.
- The Acropolis of Ancient Ialisos where the ruins of the
temples of Zeus and Athena can be seen.
- The Strange Caves which was considered to be the
holly place of the Nymphs.
- The Castle of the Knights built the 14th
century and surrounds the old city.
- The archaeological museum contains
significant sculptures and other items from that period.
was the place where Aischinis the philosopher had his school.
villages of Embonas, Archagelos, Koskini etc.
- The three ancient cities
of - Ialyssos, Kamiros, Lindos
- Monolithos (medieval castle).
- The valley with the butterflies.
- The thermal springs of Kalithea.
- The island of Simi .
- Swimming beaches: Archaggelos, Afadou, Ialisos,
Faliraki, Lindos, Monolithos.
How to arrive
-By Air: more than 9 flights per day from Athens duration
50 mins . Connections with Thessalonica and Crete plus with charter
flights from all major European cities.
- By Boat from Piraeus 18 hrs
approx. Connectins with Crete and other islands from the Dodecanese