The Greek Islands
The most densely populated of the Sporades group.
It is covered with pine trees olive groves and various fruit trees.
In the island you can see churches and monasteries of the 17C and
18C. Like Skiathos Skopelos has sandy beaches and turquoises water.
the old times the island was called Evinos (good wine) due to quality
of the produced wine. Under the Venetian rule Barbarossa slayed the
population in 1538. The people returned to the island the 17 th century.
- The Gizi castle located in the north part of the town. It
was built the 13th century.
- Skopelos the whole city is proclaimed
preserved thus the traditional appearance has - been maintained.
museum of popular art.
- The monastery Evagelismos.
- The villages of Glossa and Neo Klima.
- There are more than 300 churches
in the island from which 123 in the city of - Skopelos.
- The ruins
from the ancient capital of king Staphilos who reigned during the Cretan
- Swimming beaches: Stafylos, Velani, Limnonari, Panormos,
Kanapitsa Amouditsa, Perivoli, Glifoneri - and Milia.
How to arrive
- By boat departing Agios Konstantinos (166 Kms from Athens
) duration 4 hrs.
departing Volos 4 hrs.
- By hydrofoil departing Agios Konstantinos
duration 2 hrs 20 min.
- Departing Volos Duration 1 hr 50 min.