The Greek Islands
Skyros is the largest of the Sporades it is full of
oak trees wild goats and of course the little horses who are smaller
than a pony. The coast is full of coves and sandy beaches with turquoise
waters. It is known that the island was inhabited since the Palaeolithi
c period. It was occupied from the Athenians, Romans, Byzantines
and Turks and was united with Greece again in 19 th century.
- The city of Skyros which is one of the most beautiful in
- The popular art museum.
- The archaeological museum.
- The villages of Magazia and Molos.
Swimming Beaches: Molos, Achilli,
Girismata, Linaria, Kalamitsa and Tris Boukes.
How to arrive
- By Boat departing from Kymi Evias
duration 2 hrs.
- By Hydrofoil departing Volos 3 hrs 35 min.
- By air departing
Athens duration 45 minutes.