The Greek Islands
The flower of Levante (easterly wind) much praised by the Venetians
for the gentle climate. Careta-Careta a sea turtle comes every year
to lay their eggs on the sandy beach of Laganas . The island has
numerous sand beaches to choose from.i.e Makris Yalos, Alikes, Banana
Beach , Plaka, Gerakas etc.
- The Venetian castle,
the city of Zante - the Byzantine museum,
the church of Agios Dionysius , the church of Agios Nikolaos tou
Molou, the Marine museum.
- The villages of Anafonitria, Argasi, Vassilikos,
Volimes, Katastari, Keri-Limni Keriou, Laganas, Macheairado, Agios
Leontas and Strofades.
- Swimming beaches: Laganas, Planos, Alikes,
Argasi, Limni Keriou.
- In the north side of the island there is a
marina if you intend to visit Zakynthos by boat.
How to arrive
- By Ferry Boat: From Kyllini (286 km from Athens ) duration
- By Air: From Athens , duration 50 minutes.